Mizzou HDFS offers outstanding graduate training in research, teaching, and engagement for students at both the Master’s and Doctoral levels. Our student-centered approach allows students to tailor their graduate education in way that offers them diverse experiences and hands-on training for their chosen career. Come join a new generation of scholars!
A graduate degree in HDFS allows students to understand growth and relationships in diverse contexts. Our students learn the importance of collaboration and a multidisciplinary approach that allows them to tackle real-world issues for individuals and families across the lifespan.
Our on-campus graduate programs include:
- Understand more deeply the theory and research in human development and family science
- Become a critical consumer of research
- Learn about evidence-informed practices to improve peoples’ lives
- Partner with award-winning faculty
- Engage in high-quality teaching, research, and programming activities
- Develop an expertise in research methodologies
- Create knowledge about development and relationships in context
- Personalize your plan of study
Why Mizzou HDFS?
- Mizzou HDFS ranked #6 nationally in value by Great Value Colleges of all family and consumer sciences departments
- Mizzou College of Human Environmental Sciences Ranked #3 Nationally of 158 Colleges and Schools in Family, Consumer, and Human Sciences according to College Factual
- Excellent national reputation and ranking among HDFS doctoral programs
- Collegial and supportive culture
- Over $100,000 awarded annually from department, college, and university fellowships
- Financial packages worth approximately $55,000 annually (including stipend, tuition waiver, and health insurance subsidy)
- Exceptional post-graduation employment rate in the graduate’s chosen field
- Award-winning mentorship from nationally-recognized faculty
- Curated plan of study prepares you for the career you want
- Built-in opportunities to conduct research, publish, and present at conferences
- Face-to-face and online teaching opportunities
- Free professional development workshops