Mizzou HDFS offers 100% online Master’s Degree and Graduate Certificate programs that equip our students with in-demand, practical knowledge and skills for working with people in many stages of life, in many types of relationships, and across many social and cultural contexts.
Our graduates are well-positioned to move up the career ladder or to make a career change that suits their passions and professional interests and goals. Our graduates are prepared to create, manage, and deliver programs and to advocate for policies that improve the lives of individuals and families. An online degree from HDFS can help you make a meaningful impact in your community!
Our online graduate program areas include:
EARLY CHILDHOOD & FAMILY POLICY
- Understand the impact of policy and advocate for change for children and families
- Empower families and communities by learning to lead, manage, deliver, and evaluate programs and agencies for children and families in multiple contexts
- Understand the diversity among older adults and how to address the unique challenges they face
*No longer accepting applicants
- Provide youth with opportunities to learn, grow, and thrive using the principles and practices of the positive youth development approach
Why Mizzou HDFS?
- 100% online, no campus visits required
- Flexible timeline to completion – continue to work while earning your degree
- Rolling admissions – courses offered year-round
- Customize electives to meet your professional goals
- Flat-rate tuition – no added distance or out-of-state costs
- Tuition reduction available for MU/Extension employees and military members
- Federal financial aid eligible for both MA and Certificate programs
- Applied focus to enhance your current work or support future career goals
- Learn alongside other working professionals across the nation
- Hands-on advisers help you meet your goals
- Take charge of your learning and career growth
A Unique Distance Education
These 100% online MA and Certificate options are offered via Mizzou Online by Human Development and Family Science faculty in conjunction with several other university partners as part of the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (Great Plains IDEA). Interested applicants will apply for admission to the MU Graduate School and to the Department of Human Development and Family Science in the online program of their choosing. Students enroll and pay tuition via Mizzou, courses are taught fully online by MU faculty or other collaborating Great Plains IDEA faculty, and the degree will be awarded by the University of Missouri.