The Emerging Language & Literacy Curriculum (ELLC) prepares preschoolers for success in kindergarten and gives them a strong foundation in oral language and literacy with this scientifically based curriculum. This program not only addresses all developmental domains with theme-based units, children’s literature, multisensory activities, scaffolded instruction and parental involvement but also creates an engaging environment with activity and play-based learning.
ELLC 3-day Institute
- July 19-21, 2021 in Columbia, MO
- $790 per person (includes the 2-volume ELLC Manual) 10% discount for 3 or more from the same district/program
ELLC On-Line Training (equivalent to the 3-day Institute)
- Sign up and begin any month (you will have 3 months to complete it)
- Cost: $300 per person. (you must have the new ELLC manual prior to beginning the course)
Math and Science in the ELLC On-line Training (equivalent to the 1-day Institute)
• Sign up and begin any month (you will have 2 months to complete it)
• $150 per person (you must have the new ELLC manual prior to beginning the course)
When might consultation be requested?
- Prior to making decision about curriculum selection for 1 hour at no cost
- After initial training when additional assistance is requested
Out of Print Unit BooksOften out of print Unit books can be located through local libraries or other sources. However, when Unit books listed in Book B, on the ELLC Unit Theme Overview, and described in the Units, go out of print, you may:
- Go to the Dynamic Resources, LLC website: dynamic-resources.net and then go to the ELLC Tab, or
- Go the MU Center for Family Policy and Research website: https://hdfs.missouri.edu/cfpr/emerging-language-and-literacy-curriculum/ and go to the tab for Replacement Unit Books.
- On the websites, you will find suggestions from the ELLC authors for substitute books and suggestions for changes, if indicated, to:
- Language Forms
- Small Phonological Groups targets
- ELLC Circle Time
- Learning Centers
- Themed Art
Programs that already have the unit books listed and described in ELLC Book B do not need to replace them unless they wish to do so.
- Why Choose the ELLC? (pdf)
- ELLC: Scope and Continuum of Expectations
- Professional Development Opportunities (1, 2, 3 and 5-day Institutes)
- Brief on the ELLC: Guide for Preschool Teachers
- Brief on the ELLC and Fidelity and Adaptation
- Brief on the ELLC and Children with Low Incidence Disorders
- Brief on the ELLC and Dual Language Learners (DLL)
- Brief on the ELLC and Children Who Are Typically Developing or Children At-Risk
- Brief on the ELLC and Children with Disabilities
- 2015 Alignment of Emerging Language & Literacy Curriculum (ELLC) A Preschool Curriculum with Desired Results Developmental Profile-Preschool
- 2014 Alignment of Emerging Language & Literacy Curriculum (ELLC) A Preschool Curriculum with Missouri Early Learning Goals
- 2019 Alignment of Emerging Language & Literacy Curriculum (ELLC) A Preschool Curriculum with Arkansas Early Learning Standards
Sign up to receive the ELLC Newsletter: Please e-mail Kathy Thornburg at email@example.com to receive the ELLC Newsletter or to update or remove your e-mail address from the list.