CENTER for FAMILY POLICY and RESEARCH
About the Center
The Center for Family Policy and Research (CFPR) was established in 1997 to serve as a resources for the development of effective public policies relating to children, youth and families. With a focus on integration of research, policy and practice, CFPR:
- conducts research and disseminates evidence-based findings to inform policymakers and to enhance program development;
- facilitates collaboration and provides leadership for systems-building efforts at the local, state and national levels; and
- works in communities to provide education and support services to programs that serve children, youth and families.
About the People
- Policy Briefs
- State of Children Documents
- Library Resources - The Center for Family Policy and Research maintains a library of resources available for review and/or to check out. Resources are within the areas of: Child welfare, Health and Safety, Poverty and Welfare Reform, Education, Child and Adolescent Development, Poverty and Families, Communities, and Diversity. Please contact the Center for additional information or to borrow any resource.
Institute for Professional Development
The Institute for Professional Development (IPD) serves early childhood and school-age professionals. The IPD provides training and technical assistance related to social and emotional development of young children (DECA) and curriculum for preschoolers (ELLC).
Center for Family Policy and Research
1400 Rock Quarry Road
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Phone: (573) 884-3080
Fax: (573) 884-0598