- PhD, Arizona State University, 2008
- MS, Arizona State University, 2005
- BS, Pennsylvania State University, 2003
- Family relationships, culture, and Latino adolescent and young adult adjustment
- Contributions of parents and siblings to adolescents’ sexual health and positive development
- Parent-adolescent and sibling relationship dynamics
- 2016 College of Human Environmental Sciences Distinguished Research Award.
- Received funding from the Dr. Richard Wallace Faculty Incentive Grants Program for project titled “Mechanisms of Sibling Influence on Adolescent Girls’ Sexuality Development: A Follow-Up Study,” Mizzou Alumni Association, 2015.